June 14, 2017

Members present:

Carol Ivey, President
Gary Moore, Director
George Chinakos, Director 
Chris White, Director
One Director position is vacant

Regular meeting convened at 6: 45 (firetruck out on call so the door was locked)

Homeowner input, limited to 3 minutes each; total of 15 minutes of meeting time.
No homeowners attended.

Homeowners encouraged to use the community web site [] for comments, reporting, complaints or suggestions which go to the Board and TMG.

NOTE:  Anonymous E-mail inquiries cannot be handled. Homeowners should feel comfortable voicing their opinions directly to TMG by phone or mail. Courteous requests preferred.

Reading of the Minutes
For previous meeting was waived.  The Minutes were accepted as submitted.
Business attended to:  

Gary is the contact for the fence washer contractor and has scheduled the project for July 11.

Party in the park for the 4th of July.  Community interest is limited as far as volunteers AND an experienced coordinator of such evens.  Perhaps this first year,  homeowners planned potluck/picnic would be best. The Board thanks those who volunteered to help.   One homeowner asked if they could set up table for their craft business and will be told to work with the city park department as Clearmeadows does not own the park.

The city rules of no fireworks of any kind even ground level was discussed and TMG will put out this information on an e-blast.  It was also noted that the Fort Vancouver display will be free this year.

No results on interest in an off-leash dog park fenced area of the city park was discussed from Carol’s  contact with  the homeowner who is on the Board of the Neighborhood Association for Fisher’s Landing to see if she has any insights.  Possibly someone would head up a committee to develop his possibility.

Homeowners are calling the city and board members also about the thistles in the playground which limits the comfort of kids playing there as the thistle are sharp.  The blackberry bushes nearby were eradicated.  Homeowners are encouraged to call the city and request necessary maintenance.

Financials discussion:

Board reviewed bank statement for April and May and TMG will be asked to clarify five expenditures

Board approved Carol buy and be reimbursed for more stamps for sending out ARC responses and postcards for exceptionally nice yards.
Architectural Requests
17 ARC approvals were reviewed by committee.
Pam explained at the last meeting that failure to submit an ARC for changes can result in a violation and subsequent fines. If changes are made that cannot be approved, those changes may be required to be reversed.

Delinquency Report review:
Vial Fotheringham (hereafter referred to as VF) is given list of delinquencies to review for collection. Reports will be provided to Board members as requested for review and are available on the TMG website for review if Board members want to look at it.
Landscape status and proposals:
Pacific Landscape completed bark dust at $2,818.40 and moss control in lawn areas at $190.21 approved.

Board approved turf aeration of the three monuments plus the pocket park at proposed cost of $243.90.

Pacific will be requested to clear out branches and level sawdust on the west side and north of 22nd street on 180th Avenue.

Executive meeting:
Called to order at 7:30 pm.

Executive meeting ended at 8:45.
TMG will be informed of decisions on homeowner requests.

The Board meeting adjourned at 8:50 pm.
NEXT MEETING IS SCHEDULED FOR July 19 contingent upon space available.
Discussion to include analysis of TMG contract.  Pam will attend the July meeting( 26th?) to answer questions and also the August meeting for preparation for the annual meeting in September.

Ongoing needs and ideas: to serve as a reminder of procedures and homeowner suggestions:
Non-compliance letters are sent out upon non-compliance tours and when the homeowners report an issue and it is verified by a board member. The Board will let TMG know if they want to see a report on non-compliance in the meeting agenda report.  Otherwise, it may be seen by the Board members by going to the TMG site regarding Clearmeadows.

TMG will provide the meeting packet by e-mail and by regular mail to be received at least by the Friday prior to a meeting to give board members time to review it and check on issues during the week-end. 

TMG will do e-mail blasts to homeowners requesting e-mail notices about various seasonal or events like not putting leaves into city streets and keeping the drains free of leaves to avoid flooding, placing refuse containers so that the sidewalk is available for pedestrians, remove holiday decorations on schedule, etc.

Paint Palate: Board is still considering developing a professional palate of paint colors to simplify ARC requests for both the Board and the homeowner.

Postcards commenting on exceptionally well kept yards. Some have been sent and several comments of appreciation were received. Homeowners may use the website to suggest recipients.
Blog suggestion: Homeowner interest in developing a communication means via the internet to provide a way for homeowners to get acquainted and share ideas and issues.

WEB site addition; Homeowner comments on vendors they have used and how they felt about the quality of the work, maybe some helpful hints.  The Board would not be recommending them but it could save some homeowners’ time and effort in doing all the research to find a vendor who does a good job.  

FAQ’s on the WEB site.  For example, a homeowner was surprised that homeowners are responsible for the lifting sidewalks in front of their homes even though they belong to the city.  Homeowner suggested those who have signed up for e-mail notifications could get that information.  The city cites for sidewalks in dangerous condition. 

Community fence: As volunteer time permits, homeowners will be notified to correct issues on their side of the community fence regarding rotting boards and fence pushing out onto sidewalk area due to soil, vegetation, and rocks being placed against it.

Signs handling: (put out, pick up, store) needs new volunteers.  We thank the one homeowner who is handling one of the signs.  Three more are needed to provide sign handling to meet requirements for public notice. ANY