February 10, 2016

Members present:

Carol Ivey, President
Gary Moore, Director
George Chinakos, Director
Jon Bennett, Director
Director position # 5 Vacant

Also present
Lynda DuLong, Associate VP


Regular meeting convened at 6:30 pm

Homeowner input, limited to 3 minutes each; total of 15 minutes of meeting time.

Homeowner attended to discuss business use of residential home. Another new to the area came to participate in the process and suggested the WEB site indicate the next meeting date in addition to being in the minutes.  The Board agreed a good idea.

NOTE:  Anonymous E-mail inquiries cannot be handled. Inquiries sent through reach all the Board members AND TMG. Homeowners should feel comfortable voicing their opinions directly to TMG by phone or mail.. Courteous requests preferred.

Reading of the Minutes
For previous meeting was waived.  The Minutes were accepted as submitted.


FINANCIALS-Thank you Ruth of TMG

Because the Board does not have a treasurer, reports can be accessed on the TMG website and TMG will provide a summary of income and expenditures for the meeting minutes.






Beginning book Balance 11/30/2015

 $                               96,510.82


Total deposits December

 $     17,014.93

 $                            113,525.75

Checks in December


TMG Management Fee

 $     (2,173.50)


Raed Sabha - refund

 $           (28.00)


Todd DeCosta - refund

 $             (3.50)


TMG - Assoc consulting

 $         (182.04)


Pacific Landscape - remove old plants

 $         (861.78)


Pacific Landscape - December service

 $     (1,089.42)


TMG  - Late fees. Payment plan etc

 $         (345.00)

12/20/15 Reserve Transfer

 $     (3,673.00)

12/31/15 Bank Fee

 $             (7.00)

 $     (8,363.24)

Ending Balance per books (Acct 1110 &1110.1)

 $                            105,162.51

Reserve Account beg balance 11/30/15


 $                               70,492.92

Add:  Interest

 $                                         5.82

12/20/15 Reserve Transfer

 $                                 3,672.00

 $                               74,170.74

Riverview CD's

CD 1

 $                               50,500.15

CD 2

 $                               50,667.70

CD 3

 $                               50,373.16




Delinquency Report review:
Vial Fortherinham (hereafter referred to as VF) is given list of delinquencies to review for collection. Reports are provided to Board members each month for review. VF is not doing as good a job of pursuing creditors as in the past and Lynda will check in with them to see why nd ask more ctivity.
Old Business:
Board approved Pacific proposal of  $1,389.69 for adding shrubs on 176th  avenue between 20th and 23 streets and removal of dead appearing bushes.  Other proposals tabled for further review.

Pocket Park bench needs to be replaced and Board is considering a metal bench.

Carol has talked with contractor for removal of old bench and installation of a new metal bench and will ask for a proposal for replacing the community fence around the city park..

New Business:

Property ownership for a strip of property opposite the city park on 182nd avenue at SE corner is being investigated.  The board agreed to credit homeowner one quarter assessment to provide water to the strip which was once or is part of the city park and the city does not irrigate anymore.

Board agrees it may be feasible  to deed  strip to the property owner to eliminate further issues of upkeep and clarity of property ownership.


Ongoing needs and Ideas: to serve as a reminder of possible projects;

Paint Palate: Board is still considering developing a professional palate f paint colors to simplify ARC requests for both the Board and the homeowner.

Postcards commenting on exceptionally well kept yards.

Blog suggestion: Homeowner interest in developing a communication means via the internet to provide a way for homeowners to get acquainted and share ideas and issues.

WEB site addition; Homeowner comments on vendors they have used and how they felt about the quality of the work, maybe some helpful hints.  The Board would not be recommending them but it could save some homeowners’ time and effort in doing all the research to find a vendor who does a good job. 

FAQ’s on the WEB site.  For example, a homeowner was surprised that homeowners are responsible for the lifting sidewalks in front of their homes even though they belong to the city.  Homeowner suggested those who have signed up for e-mail notifications could get that information.  The city cites for sidewalks in dangerous condition.

Community fence: As volunteer time permits, homeowners will be notified to correct issues on their side of the community fence regarding rotting boards and fence pushing out onto sidewalk area due to soil, vegetation, and rocks being placed against it.

Signs handling: (put out, pick up, store) needs new volunteers.  We thank the one homeowner who is handling one of the signs.  Three more are needed to provide sign handling to meet requirements for public notice. ANY VOLUNTEERS?

Executive meeting: convened at 7:15.  Homeowners’ confidential requests were discussed.
Regular meeting reconvened at 7:45. Decisions made part of meeting and Lynda will send decisions to requesting homeowners. Subjects were dance studio in community, late payment fees, pyment plans requested..

Next meeting will be April 6, a Wednesday.

The meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.